Blaze in Burr Ridge garage
Updated: January 14, 2013 4:48PM
BURR RIDGE — A cigarette reportedly started a fire that damaged a Burr Ridge garage Tuesday.
Chief Kevin Doyle of the Pleasantview Fire Protection District said it took firefighters only a few minutes to extinguish the blaze at 136 Post Road. The blaze occurred Tuesday evening and apparently started in a garbage can inside an attached garage.
Doyle said “improperly discarded smoking materials” are the suspected cause. Damage is estimated at less than $3,000 and was confined to the garbage can and a storage unit in the garage.
Crews from Hinsdale, Tri-State, Argonne and Westmont also responded to the fire.