Hinsdale-Clarendon Hills Elementary District 181 is welcoming applicants for a new Learning Committee. This committee is being formed for the purpose of providing input on major curriculum, assessment, instruction, and student services practices and policies.
Specifically, the committee will:
• provide input and feedback on the district’s learning for all plan;
• provide input and feedback on curriculum revisions
• provide input and feedback on the educational policies
• provide community perspective on strategic direction in regard to educational practices, innovation, professional development and continuous improvement
• discuss and reviews research of issues and best practices
• share relevant, professional experiences and ideas
• collaborate with other committees as needed
• engage in benchmarking with similar districts
• support two-way communication with the School Board, school leadership teams and the community.
The application for committee membership is available at the District Administration Center, 6010 S. Elm Street, Burr Ridge, and at www.d181.org > Learning. The application and related attachments can be submitted via email to email@example.com, mailed, or dropped off to Jean Duggan at the Administration Center. Applications are due no later than 5 p.m. March 21. Applicants will be contacted to confirm receipt of application and application status no later than March 28.
The anticipated time commitment for Superintendent’s Learning Committee members includes about four hours per month, including two hours of meeting time and two hours of meeting preparation. Meetings will be held either Wednesdays or Thursdays once per month, beginning at 4 p.m.