• The Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center in Skokie recently announced the appointment of Susan L. Abrams as chief executive officer. Abrams brings more than 25 years of nonprofit, museum and financial management experience to her new role.
• Prudential Rubloff Properties and Koenig & Strey Real Living in the Hinsdale area officially became Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices KoenigRubloff Realty Group on April 1, 2014.
• James Martin Associates, Inc., an industry-leading architecture firm and contractor, has been honored with seven awards for three recently completed landscape projects on the North Shore. They won awards in an annual competition hosted by the Illinois Landscape Contractors Association, and were recognized nationally in the 2013 PLANET National Landscape Awards of Excellence.
• After 14 years of excellent service, Helene Foss, the administrator of the Edward Jones Financial Services branch in Skokie, has left to pursue retirement. New branch office administrator, Jane Mirr, is eager to serve clients.
• Owner/Operator Alvaro Botero oversaw the opening of North Riverside’s first Chick-fil-A restaurant March 27. This is the third Chick-fil-A grand opening this year in the metro Chicago area, bringing in a total of nearly 215 jobs.
• Taylor Johnson now represents Glenview-based Edward R. James Companies and its development Westgate at The Glen, a 29-acre new-construction residential community that is the final parcel to be developed at the site of the former Glenview Naval Air Station.
Does your company have news about grand openings, hires, promotions, awards or recognitions? Email email@example.com.