This edition of Library Look brings us the LaGrange Park Public Library’s Bridgett Murray, circulation assistant.
Q. How long have you been with the library?
A. Nine years ago I was interested in public service activities that were part time and close to home. The Library was perfect. At the circulation desk I communicate with patrons face-to-face, while also promoting reading and learning.
Q. What is your favorite part of working at the library? Why?
A. I love the interaction with the patrons. 99.9 percent of our customers are friendly and quite interesting. The other 0.1 percent are a welcomed challenge. I am particularly grateful for the bond with my fellow workers (including the wonderful volunteers).
Q. What is something library patrons may not know about you?
A. I have practiced yoga and gardening for years. Both provide a sense of place that is a wonderful balance for my deep interest in people.
Q. What do you think is an underused feature of the library and why?
A. The reference staff provide an absolutely excellent service. I wish more people were aware of their capabilities.
Q. What is your favorite book and why?
A. Lao Tzu’s “Tao Te Ching” and Rainer Maria Rilke’s “Letters to a Young Poet.” Written thousands of years apart, from vastly different cultures, both books provide sound guidance when I ask.Tags: Library Look