The following incidents were listed among the official reports of the area police departments.
- The police responded to a loud party on the 8600 block of Dolfor Cove at 11:30 p.m. July 19 and found 10 teenagers between the ages of 15 and 17, several of whom were drinking alcohol. The homeowners’ son had hosted the party while his parents were on vacation. The parents thought the son was staying with someone else while they were away. The teenagers were released to their parent’s or other adult’s custody.
- An officer saw three intoxicated teenagers stumbling north on Madison Street near Highgrove at about 12:35 a.m. July 21. The officer released the three, who were 18-year-olds from Hinsdale, Clarendon Hills and Willowbrook, to their parents without charges.
- Several mailboxes were damaged on 73rd Place between Forest Hill and Wolf Road. They apparently were struck by a blunt object. The damage was reported at noon July 16.
- A manager at Brookhaven Market asked the police to warn a man he was not allowed to return to the store, at 100 Burr Ridge Parkway, after the man put a small bag of coffee beans in his pocket and tried to leave without paying for it at about 6:35 p.m. July 14.
- A residential burglary occurred July 3 on the 2300 block of Carlow. Police are looking for a blue sports utility vehicle, possibly with New York license plates.
- Someone ignited a garbage can by the children’s playground in Darien Community Park sometime over the July 4-6 weekend.
- A catalytic converter was reported stolen from the underside of a vehicle parked on the 7500 block of Farmingdale between 10:30 p.m. June 25 and 10:45 a.m. June 26.
- Construction equipment was reported stolen from the Chase Bank construction site, at 7501 Cass Ave., over the weekend of June 27-29.
- Two tool boxes were reported stolen June 27 from an open garage on the 7800 block of Dorchester.
- A portable fire pit was taken from a backyard on the 1700 block of Gigi on June 27.
- Boating equipment was reported stolen from the 9100 block of Cheese Road on July 3.
- A bicycle was reported stolen from the backyard of an apartment complex on the 7500 block of Country Lane on July 3.