The following incidents were listed among the official reports of the area police departments.
- A resident reported Feb. 3 she had received two phone calls from someone saying he was from the Internal Revenue Service and she owed money.
- A resident received a telephone call from the company Bill Me Later, saying someone had opened an account in his name on Feb. 4 and made two charges to the account. The resident, who said he did not open the account, had it closed and suffered no monetary loss.
- A resident brought two letters to the police station on Feb. 7, which were asking him to verify information on credit card applications. The resident knew nothing about the applications. A Mastercard also was sent to his address for someone who does not live there. The police are investigating.
- An individual reported Feb. 5 that someone stole his wallet from his gym locker at Hinsdale South. The wallet contained a driver’s license, state identification, a Lifetime Fitness card and 27 cents. Because Hinsdale South is in Darien, the Burr Ridge police advised the person to report the crime to the Darien Police Department.
- Detectives are investigating whether a diamond and gold Versace wristwatch for sale on Ebay was stolen from a Burr Ridge home. A resident whose home was burglarized told the police Feb. 8 he believes the wristwatch is his.