Crews from Tri-State Fire Protection District responded to a hazardous materials incident at a business in Burr Ridge Monday morning.
Deputy Chief Jack Mancione reported that a call came in at 9:21 a.m. for a toxic smell at 7600 Grant St., Burr Ridge. Upon arrived crews discovered a fork lift, the battery pack of which was emitting acid fumes.
Fire personnel evacuated the building and ventilated the area until the air was safe. Employees were allowed to return about two hours after the evacuation. No injuries were reported.