Clarendon Hills/Hinsdale CROP Walk nears
Walkers prepare for the Clarendon Hills/Hinsdale/Burr Ridge CROP Walk to be held Oct. 21.
Updated: October 8, 2012 8:11PM
HINSDALE — Sign up now to walk the walk to fight hunger with the Clarendon Hills/Hinsdale CROP Walk. This event brings people of all ages together for fun and an afternoon of fresh air and exercise, while raising money to feed those who hunger.
The walk begins and ends at Redeemer Lutheran Church , 139 E 1st Street , Hinsdale. Register at 1pm. Step off is at 1:30 p.m. on Oct. 21.
To raise funds online, go to http://www.cropwalk.org/ and click on Sign Up. Click on Illinois on the U.S. map. Scroll down the list of CROP Hunger Walks to Clarendon Hills/Hinsdale/Burr Ridge CROP Hunger Walk 2012, click on it and follow the directions. You can set up your own pledge page, email family and friends anywhere in the world to help you end hunger and poverty.
About 75 percent of the funds are used by Church World Service for disaster relief and self help development throughout the world. The remaining 25 percent of the funds raised will help feed the hungry, through HCS Family Services food pantry in Hinsdale.
On top of all of this, the CROP Walks try to be visible to help educate people about the prevalence of hunger and realistic efforts which are addressing this massive problem.
Bring a can or other non-perishable food. The path for the CROP Walk will take you to HCS Family Services. CROP Walkers will drop off food donations at the HCS Family Services Food Pantry.
Help stomp out hunger, and also help someone keep warm this winter. Please bring your gently used coats to the CROP Walk. Coats will be donated to HCS Family Services and People’s Resource Center.