BURR RIDGE – Six people were treated for smoke inhalation after a microwave caught fire at a senior facility in Burr Ridge on Labor Day, the Chicago Sun-Times reported. The Sun-Times reported,
"Six people were hospitalized for smoke inhalation after a microwave caught fire Monday afternoon at a senior living facility in west suburban Burr Ridge.
The fire at Emeritus at Burr Ridge started about 4:20 p.m. in a resident’s room, Tri-State Fire Protection District Dept. Chief Jack Mancione said.
The fire apparently started when a resident put a piece of clothing in a microwave, said an employee who declined to give her name."
[Read more from the Chicago Sun-Times here.]