The West Suburban Chiefs of Police Association will conduct its installation of officers banquet Sept. 20 at the Crystal Sky Banquets, 7941 47th St., McCook.
The 2013-14 officers will receive their oath of office:
- President, Steven Stelter, Brookfield Police Department (second term)
- Vice president, Joseph Lukaszek, Hillside Police Department
- Secretary/treasurer, Michael Ruth, Elmhurst Police Department
- Sergeant at arms, James Ritz, Berwyn Police Department
- Immediate past president, Tom Weitzel, Riverside Police Department
- Parliamentarian, Michael Holub, La Grange Police Department
The West Suburban Chiefs of Police Association was formed in 1960 as an organization representing the near west suburbs. Although it represents police departments which are mainly from Cook County, it initially included many DuPage County agencies such as Hinsdale, Oak Brook, Burr Ridge and Lombard.
The association continues to promote networking and training for their members, and also serves to follow and promote legislation affecting law enforcement and the criminal justice system. Other members of the Chiefs Association include the Illinois State Police, Cook County Sheriff’s Police, and the FBI.
La Grange Police Chief Mike Holub, the parliamentarian and a past president of the association, will serve as the emcee for the evening which begins with a social hour at 6 p.m. Dinner will be served at 7 p.m.
Attendance is open to the public and admittance is $35 per person. Reserve a seat by contacting Jane Coleman by Sept. 13 at (708) 579-2333, Ext. 2258 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.