Advertisement

Resurrection welcomes guests Home

Pat Burchard DiBenetto of Indian Head Park donated a bronze Nativity to Sr. Virginia Ann Wanzk, C.R. to add to the Sisters of the Resurrection collection of Nativity displays.
Alumnae and community members at the Sisters of the Resurrection Provincial Home, which was the former site of Resurrection High School before the current Resurrection College Prep High School building opened in 1922.
Guests had the opportunity to view 100 nativity sets from around the world at the Resurrection Home for the Holidays event.

Resurrection College Prep High School hosted a Home for the Holidays event on Dec. 11 at the Sisters of the Resurrection Provincial Home in Chicago.

Approximately 60 Resurrection alumnae and community members were welcomed back for the holidays, to visit and tour the former school, including a glimpse into the famous tunnel that connects the former school to the new school.

The highlight of the evening was the opportunity to view a collection of more than 100 Nativity Scenes from around the world and the Sisters’ collection of Madonna statues. Music was provided by the Resurrection College Prep High School Women’s Choir. The evening also included hors d’oeuvres, a dessert buffet and raffles.

The event raised $1,500 to benefit the Sr. Mary Monica Hope Scholarship, which provides scholarship to Resurrection students and their families.

Resurrection College Prep High School is the largest all girls’ Catholic, Christian college preparatory high school on the north side of Chicago. Since its founding in 1922, Resurrection has graduated over 13,500 alumnae.

For more information, visit www.reshs.org or call (773) 775-6616, ext 129.

Read More News
Advertisement

Latest News

Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement
Advertisement